The top 10 Facebook nonprofit posts this week all shared a common trend — 7/10 — mentioned COVID-19 in their caption.
The data shows UNICEF had the top three over performing posts on facebook. The shared theme of these posts was the organization discussing the topic of COVID-19 and more specifically the vaccine. With the Biden Administration announcing last week the purchase of 200 million more doses of the vaccine, NPOs shared on their social media information shedding light on the safety of the vaccine.
1. UNICEF - Included images of healthworkers
2. UNICEF - Included images of healthworkers and mentioned the COVID-19 vaccine roll out
3. UNICEF - Shared a video of a day in the life of a child in Inturi & mentions COVID-19
4. Mayo Clinic - Included image of healthworkers and shares the safety of the vaccine
5. UNICEF - Video of healthcare workers & mentions providing COVID-19 Vaccines to low-and-middle income countries
6. Mayo Clinic - Included an image of leaders in masks and combats the misinformation regarding the vaccine
7. Mayo Clinic - Shared the news of the opening of a Google office when it is safe and plans to abide by COVID-19 guidelines
8. Habitat for Humanity - Created a post celebrating Presidents Day
9. UNICEF - Shared a video talking about fair access to COVID-19 vaccines
10. AARP - Created a post celebrating National Caregivers Day
When curating content for your organization it is important to keep an eye on the most recent updates on COVID-19 and sharing a message relative to current news. In the top three posts — 2/3 — included a healthcare worker in their media. This may show people interact with posts that they feel represent the state of the world and everyday healthcare workers that are risking their lives to save others.