Senior Partnerships Success Specialist
We are Action Network, and we build technology for the progressive movement utilizing a unique cooperative development model; we are driven by our mission and create software solutions from that mission. Fast Company called our platform “the backbone of the anti-Trump organizing efforts,” and we are the technology that supports an array of organizations seeking impact, like the Democratic National Committee, Black Lives Matter, People’s Climate March, United We Dream, the AFL-CIO, and hundreds of other progressive organizations large and small.
We have a relatively new platform, Action Builder – a tool built from the ground up for organizing and leadership development. Working with our development partners, including the AFL-CIO, we drew on time-tested tools organizers have used for decades, from wall charts and flip charts to notebooks and three-ring binders. Action Builder is a mobile-first tool that puts time-tested organizing tools right in your pocket.
We are seeking a creative and thoughtful individual to join our team as a Senior Partnerships Success Specialist. We’re looking for candidates that align with our mission of creating authentic and substantive relationships with our partners to help them fully realize their program goals of building progressive power through an efficacious utilization of our tools.
This position will be responsible for identifying new partnership prospects, developing those prospects into active partners, and managing existing relationships primarily for Action Builder. In this role, the selected candidate will be responsible for helping to determine new partner acquisition strategies and develop inspired tool utilization approaches. The selected candidate will help research and develop new partnership prospects, manage follow-up through our internal sales CRM, and leverage engagement skills to cultivate and strengthen partnerships while helping to meet our revenue goals.
The Senior Partnerships Success Specialist will primarily focus on building new partnership opportunities with organized labor and grassroots organizing groups.
This full-time position will report to the Director of Partnerships. This is a remote position with a preference for Washington, D.C.
What you’ll be doing:
- Identifying, targeting, and engaging leads for new partnerships.
- Collaborate with the Director of Partnerships to determine partnership strategies and goals.
- Maintain and expand the Action Builder’s database of prospects by conducting research to find new leads
- Develop a calendar of activities to continually engage potential Action Builder partners.
- Build strong relationships with assigned partners, to increase adoption and expansion, ensure retention and maintain partner satisfaction.
- Serve as point of contact for renewal conversations, managing contractual and billing inquiries from partners.
- Negotiate prices and prepare contracts for new partners
- Help manage our Pipedrive CRM support tool and maintain sales and pipeline insights.
- Conduct toolset pitches and demos for partner prospects and new partners.
What you have
- Digital tool sales and customer success experience.
- Experience with sales CRMs and customer engagement tools to manage pipelines and generate leads such as Pipedrive, Chargebee, Zendesk, and Rocket.co.
- Experience with Action Network/Action Builder and/or similar email tools.
- Strong written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Interest in new ways of organizing, using technology, and building infrastructure for long-term movement success.
- Prior experience with community and/or workplace organizing.
- Creativity, critical thinking, and a commitment to collaboration.
- A belief in helping organizations achieve their goals and build power.
- Some experience with providing tech tool support, training, and onboarding.
- An approachable & patient demeanor when working with team members internally and partners externally.
What You’ll Bring
- 3-6 years of experience in political organizing, sales, tech advocacy, and/or client services
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated ability to manage large, multi-stakeholder projects with exceptional results
- Experience with training and/or configuring SAAS software solutions.
- Working remotely with a great team of like-minded progressives
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for you and your family
- Unlimited PTO
- Employer-matched 401(k)
- Technology allowance
- Health and wellness allowance
- Professional development benefits
Action Squared is committed to cultivating a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, the nation of origin, age, languages are spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs. People of color, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Action Squared is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
This position has a salary range of $65,000-$80,000 commensurate with your experience. There is no commission structure included. The employee will be within the Nonprofit Professional Employees Union structure, IFPTE Local 70.