About Faithful America
Faithful America is the largest online community of Christians putting faith into action for social justice, using rapid-response digital campaigns to fight back against the religious right’s hateful political agenda and renew Christianity’s prophetic role in building a more free and just society.
We organize Christians of all denominations to reduce the religious right’s power and offer a countering Christian voice in the public narrative; reclaim the Gospel’s message of love, compassion, and dignity from politicians who would hijack it for authoritarianism, white supremacy, or Christian nationalism; and make progress on such vital social issues as immigration, LGBTQ rights, climate change, and racial justice.
Faithful America was founded in 2004 and is now a fully independent 501(c)4.
About this campaign
Using basic organizing principles and new relational-organizing app technology, the goal of this campaign is to organize Faithful America’s members (especially those in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Florida) to identify voters in their own networks who might be persuadable on the basis of faith, then talk to those contacts about why their own Christian beliefs motivate them to vote against Trump’s agenda. Depending on capacity, timing, and initial success, the campaign may expand to additional states.
About this role
The campaign organizer will run this digital relational-organizing campaign under the supervision of Faithful America’s Campaigns Director. The role includes managing our use of the RO technology (specific platform TBD), training Faithful America’s members to use the app, coaching them on telling and sharing their own faith stories and values with their networks, tracking and reporting on campaign metrics, and writing a post-election debrief memo. This is a part-time contract position, which will begin as soon as possible and expire on Friday, November 27, 2020.
– Manage Faithful America’s use of the RO app and related technology during the 2020 campaign
– Design and facilitate virtual trainings with Faithful America members to use the app
– Coach members and participants on telling and sharing their own faith stories
– Work with the campaign director to sync information from the RO campaign with our membership database in ActionKit
– Work with the campaign director to draft and send RO-related content and talking points to Faithful America members via the app
– Proactively check in with campaign participants, guide them through the campaign, and offer support to those who contact Faithful America
– Cultivate volunteer leaders from campaign participants, guiding them in organizing their own contacts and fellow Faithful America members
– Track and report on campaign metrics
– Provide a written post-campaign briefing with reflections on the project and recommendations for the future
– Participate in meetings with campaign director and the RO-app vendor
– Other duties related to the relational-organizing campaign as may arise
– A track record of experience in either digital organizing or community organizing utilizing digital tools; or experience running a previous Relational Organizing campaign in Team, Empower, Outreach Circle, or a similar app [required]
– Demonstrated experience using data-driven decision-making to hit ambitious goals
– Demonstrated experience reporting on campaign metrics, successes, and failures
– Demonstrated experience working successfully in a self-directed, politically sensitive and high-pressure environment.
– Excellent listening, interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
– Demonstrated ability to work effectively on a team in a support role
– Effective time management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
– Experience organizing in the faith sector and knowledge of mainline Protestant or progressive Catholic culture and values preferred but not required
– Ability to start quickly and work remotely
Compensation and Timeline
This is a contract position. The hourly rate is $75-$125/hour commensurate with experience for 20 hours/week, with a possibility of expanding to 30 hours/week. The position is remote/virtual and can be based anywhere in the United States; Eastern Time Zone morning hours may be required. The position will begin as soon as possible and expire on Friday, November 27, 2020.
Faithful America is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as central to our work serving underrepresented communities. We encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply to our openings, including women, people of color, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities.